BBCh19 Race #05 - Downhill(DH) Race
Note: Registration will be closed by Tuesday, 11th June (Midnight)
The 2019 season of the awesome Bangalore Bicycle Championships is going with a Downhill (DH) Mountain Bike Race of
the season at Nandi Hill Road.
Get your race face on people and get ready for a rocking at the Bangalore
* Elite (Open for all)
PS : Who participate in Elite should stick to Elite category for rest of the season,
they cann't go back to Amateur in other road races of this season.
Elite category is also open for anybody who wants to race but since that is the
category where most of the pro cyclists take part, it is better to have some good
level of experience to enroll into Elite category otherwise it might cause
inconvenience for the entire peloton due to handling and skill set.
Amateur category is open for anybody who wants to race irrespective of age.
- Girls below the age of 18 may opt for Women category also if they wish to.
* Under18 (both boys and girls)
Participants age should lesser than 18 years as on race day. Proof of age needs to
be produced at the time of bib collection
Under-18 category is common for both boys and girls who are below the age of 18.
What is Downhill?
Downhill (DH) racing is a time trial event. Riders start at intervals that can vary from 30
seconds to three minutes-depending on the stage of the competition - and the rider with the
lowest time wins. As the name of this discipline implies, DH races are held in steep, downhill
terrain, resulting in higher speed than in cross-country racing. The terrain is also significantly
rougher than in cross-country racing. The bike is designed with long travel suspension and hydraulic
1st Round / Seed round:
- 1st round or seeding round is compulsory for all riders.
- Riders start off with 2 Minutes interval, according to their respective categories and
registration list. 1st round is seeding round so it will decide participant' start time for final decider round.
- 1st round/seed round timing will not consider for final result.
- If any participant miss first round then he/she will not be allow for final round or will not get any timing.
Final / Decider Round:
- Riders start off with 2 Minutes interval, according to their timing from 1st round.
- As per participant’s 1st round timing, slowest riders start first as per their respective categories
- As per participant’s 1st round timing, fastest riders start last as per their respective categories
- If any participant DNS/DNF final decider round then their 1st round timing will not consider for final result.
- Only Final round timing will consider for the result and decide the podium
Note: - No practice round on race day
Rules of Clothing \ Equipment:
- All participants MUST wear a FULL FACE HELMET
- All participants should covered elbows (3/4 or full length jersey is OK, Elbow pads are even better) NO Singlets
- All participants should covered knees (3/4 or full length pants are OK, Knee pads are even better)
- All participants should wear fully enclosed shoes (No Thongs)
- Body armor, gloves, goggles, neck braces
@ 11:00 O'Clock - Podium :
General Rules :
- Race BIBs/Numbers must be displayed on the handlebars of the bicycle. Altering,
cutting or placing of unauthorised sponsors’ logos on numbers will result in a
fine and/or disqualification.
- You must not use offensive or abusive language during the race, act in any
anti-sporting manner, be disrespectful to the event volunteers / officials or
ignore the race regulations.
- You and your supporters are reminded of their obligations to act responsibly always
before, during and after the event.
- You are not permitted to shortcut the course. The responsibility for following the
official route lies with you. If you do not follow the official route you will be
- You are not permitted to willingly alter the course in any way without first consulting
with the race officials. This includes moving rocks, logs, tape or other natural
- You must act in a sporting manner at all times and permit any faster rider to overtake
without deliberately obstructing them, when it is safe to do so.
- If you pull out of a race (DNF or Did Not Finish) you must notify the timing station
or closest course marshal. This is to ensure that all competitors are accounted for
at the conclusion of the race.
Race Notes :
It’s a MTB Dirt Race so ride with safety gears.
Water and refreshments will be available at the venue.
Riders are expected to be on self supported race mode including mechanical
fixing, flat fixing, carrying their own toolkit, towing of the cycle if required etc.
Emergency ambulance support will be available (Thanks to Sita Bhateja
speciality hospital and Spectrum Physio. You guys are awesome!)
Any rider can contact the race director through a specified BBCh
phone number which will be active ONLY on race day (+91 74069 98925)
Riders are expected to read and understand and adhere to the
rules of the race available on the website
The race referee reserves the sole discretion of analyzing any situation
during the race and his opinion will be considered final.
Registration is strictly Online https://in.explara.com/e/bbch19-race05 and no spot registration will be allowed
If you would like to get in touch with the the core team, please do shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
BBCh19 Race #05 - MTB DownHill Result