When : Sunday, 19th March 2017
Where : Emerald Isle Resort | Old Madras Road
Reporting Time : 6:00AM
Race Start : 7:00AM
Distance : 33.5 kms Only (It may vary little bit as per your Cyclo-comp or Garmin)
Race Cut Off Time : 90 Minutes (From your start time)
Race Fee : Online -INR 500/- (NO Spot Registration)
Register To Race | Volunteer Signup
|Race Venue / Parking / Registration Desk : Emerald Isle Resort, approximately 10km past the toll gates on the Old Madras Road.|
|Start Point : Opp. to Emerald Isle Resort.|
|Points of caution from start-point :|
@ 16.5km U- turn, with U-turn sign marked on road.
(16.5km as per car odometer and may vary little bit as per cyclo-comp or Garmin)
Between @ 9:40 to 10:00 O'Clock - Podium
|What is a ITT?|
An Individual Time Trial (ITT) is a road bicycle race in which cyclists race alone
against the clock on flat or rolling terrain, or up a mountain road – literally
"against the watch". ITTs are also referred to as "the race of truth", as winning
depends only on each rider's strength and endurance, and not on help provided by
team-mates and others riding ahead and creating a slipstream.
Starting times are at equal intervals, usually one or two minutes apart. The starting sequence is usually based on the finishing times in preceding races (or preceding stages in the case of a multi-stage race) with the highest ranked cyclist starting last. Starting later gives the racer the advantage of knowing what time they need to beat (and also makes the event more interesting to pectators). Competitors are not permitted to draft (ride in the slipstream) behind each other. Any help between riders is forbidden. The rider with the fastest time is declared the winner.
|Race Notes :|
1. What is this start list for ?
- Rider will start as per the start list.
2. I see two times? start time (race clock) & start time (real time), waht are they ?
- race clock will be started when first rider starts, real time is for your reference at what time you will start(real time is in IST)
3. When should i collect my bib ?
- you can plan your arrival as according to your start time. Make sure you are lined up 5 mins before your start time.
4.What is the time interval?
- 30 Secs (It may vary on participants number)
5. How is the start order designed
- Start order is designed based on last years results, winner will go in last.
6. What will happen if a person miss his start time ?
- He will loose his time or he has to start at last.
7. Why are we introducing this year
- This is the ITT standard format, we are trying to improvise on what we did last year.
8. What is the use of having a start list ?
* It is the standard format of ITT to publish start order before race.
* Participants can plan their start ( warm-up and nutrition)
* This will help participants and teams to plan arrival before their start time.
9. Where should i put my bib ?
- MUST be on front handle bar of your bicycle
© 2009-2017 Bangalore Bicycle Championships. All Right Reserved.